Confessions of a Make up junkie!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Spring 2014 Beauty Must-haves!!

SPRING IS HEEEERRREEEEE!!! 

Well not yet, but almost! And here in Puerto Rico, it's always spring/summer so it doesn't really make a difference. But for me, I like to change my makeup with the seasons. Don't ask me why, it just makes sense to me. So if you're like me, and want to update your makeup collection, here are the following makeup must haves for this season!


NEW Clinique Cheek Pop blushes. $21


Available in 4 cute shades: Ginger Pop, Plum Pop, Peach Pop, and my favorite Berry Pop!! These are the MOST long lasting blushes I have ever tried! I own Berry Pop and I used it for work. After an 8 hour shift, the blush was STILL there. Just as if I had applied in the morning. The formulation is a sort of creamy powder, so it adheres to your face better than pressed powder formulations. I used the MAC 129 blush/powder blush to apply it to the apples of my cheeks, blending it upwards. The four shades are just adorable and not to mention the packaging! I mean look at the flower embossed! TOO CUTE! This is definitely a spring release that any makeup enthusiast must have in their collection. So go on. Get it. ;)


Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette $52

This came out last november and it made such an uproar. And for good reason!! The palette boasts 12 new rose-gold hued shades that can compliment any skintone. I swear. If you didn't get it last season, then don't make the same mistake this season. The color payoff is amazing and you can make any type of look, day to night, without it being too harsh with this palette. I love the packaging as well. It seems sturdy and travel friendly. So glad I got this.

                           



Orgins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner $21
                                    

I'm on my second bottle of this. It takes a lot for me to repurchase since I love trying out new products and there always seems like there is something better for me out there. But with this, I have a feeling we are going to be friends for a looooong time. You see, this toner helped reduce my pores, normalize my oily T-zone, and clear up blackheads and the few hormonal blemishes I get around that time of the month. After I got a nose job (yes I had work done. lol) My nose and T-zone got super oily and that was new to me. After trying out Clinique's toner in number 2, it helped clean out the oil, but it didn't really normalize my skin. It wasn't until I tried this out that I saw an improvement. I no longer have to blot my face incessantly. 


Roses de Chloé eau de toilette $ depends on Fl Oz 
                              

Nothing says spring like floral scents! I love the original Chloé perfume, so when they came out with this rose scented version I knew I would love it as well. It did not disappoint. It is like a bouquet of fresh roses that is also clean smelling. Like more modern of sorts, not your grandma's rose perfume. It has a good staying power as well without being too strong or overwhelming. I wore this to work as well and received many many compliments on my perfume. Lovely smell!

FRESH Sugar Petal lip balm $22.50
                              

Although my all time favorite is the Sugar Rose version, this comes pretty darn close! It has a sturdier formulation than the rose one so it won't melt as easily. And it is also more tinted. It leaves a soft pink blossom tint to your lips that makes them look naturally beautiful. Very nourishing plus it has SPF. 

                               

This is definitely a splurge item. But I can't live without this. I usually get the travel size version ($18) since the bottle is actually glass. The design for this one is limited edition, by L'Wren Scott. This is a toner and complexion mist that hydrates, tightens pores and adds an instant boost of radiance to dull tired skin. I use it before applying anything to my face. It smells like a garden of roses, orange blossoms, and grapes with a hint of mint. Is it essential? Maybe not, but it's addicting as hell. Don't try it unless you want to be HOOKED! I have warned you...


And there you go! My list of spring beauty must-haves for 2014. I have bought and tested these items myself, so what I say is 100% honest. If you have any suggestions for this spring be sure to comment below! Have fun, stay lovely!




1 comment:

  1. I've seen a lot of great reviews about the make-up sets you posted. I'm glad you shared your favorites with us. I totally didn't realize that you had your nose done. I'm glad Clinique's toner had somehow helped get your T-zone back to normal. You should ask your surgeon as to why it became oily, post surgery. Thanks for sharing! All the best! :)

    Byron Brewer @ Knight and Sanders - Knight

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!