Confessions of a Make up junkie!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tria laser 4x

Backstoryyyyy!!! Ok, as a a latino woman, I have always liked being hair free from top to bottom. Modern society associates being hair free with beauty. Personally, to be waxed, shaved and primed is more hygienic. My dilemma lies in that my hair is naturally black while my skin is light which means that its more noticeable. Luckily, I am the perfect candidate for laser hair depilation.

So, I started professional laser depilation sessions when I was 17 or 18. For the sake of privacy, lets just say I had it done all over my body. It hurts for 3 seconds and skin may be irritated for a couple of hours. Then after a couple of days the hair that was treated will fall off. After 8-9 sessions each one was once every 6 weeks, I was almost hair free.

Almost because the technician must have missed a few patches and those still grow. The sessions can be expensive. They range from $150-$200 a session. So multiply that times 7-9 sessions and it can add up! Not to mention the time you have to spend going to the office and waiting and blah blah.

As a grad student, it is very inconvenient to get laser sessions especially when you want an all over body hair removal. It takes a lot of money and you have to spend a good chunk of time at the office, time that could be used studying or you know... Sleeping. 😅 Hey, sleeping is a luxury in pharmacy school. Don't judge me! 😝 Sooooo, it is because of this (convenience and cost effectiveness) that I decided to try Tria laser 4x at home hair removal FDA cleared.

The Tria laser costs $450 and is available at Sephora.com. You can also get a calming gel because the laser can be painful. The pain goes away in like 3 seconds but still, it can be uncomfortable when you feel it. As a laser veteran, I can definitely say it feels like the professional lasers. It hurts the same. Lol. But you can control the intensity of the laser to suit your comfort level, though the higher the level, the more effective (or quicker) the treatment.

Me opening my Tria Laser
Let me tell you what happens when you get laser treatments.

First, you shave the area to be treated. No waxing, no chemical removal. SHAVE! If you are using the tria, you have to put the sensor on top of the skin that will be treated to unlock the device. Tria wont work on really dark skin.

Then, a cooling gel will be applied in the area to be treated and the laser tech will use the laser on your skin on top of the gel as if he/she is massaging you. Only you'll feel a sort of hot rubber band snapping on your skin. It might get red and irritated but it goes away within 15 min. The laser makes a beeping sound when its targeting your hair follicle. The Tria laser makes 2 beeping sounds and glows red.

After that, you apply spf or nothing at all. You can't get sun exposure on skin that is being treated for risk of burning and hyperpigmentation. This appies for both professional and tria.

FYI, you can use a topical anesthetic if the pain is too uncomfy for ya. There are many OTC products a available. Ask your local pharmacist. Lol!

Anyway, I will do an update post after 3 months of treatment to tell you if it's worth it. Tria guarantees to see permanent results within 3 months, so wish me luck! I'm happy with it right now. I did one treatment session to my legs and bikini area and so far a week has passed and there is no sign of new growth.

But I know it will grow, only finer and finer until there is nothing there. That's how it works, professional or at home. Hair falls off after treatment, until there is no more hair growing. The follicle gets deactivated and voila! Hello freedom!







From the top. The displays shows battery life


The Calming Gel for a more comfy session

12 comments:

  1. Hi! I am priya ranjan from Delhi . I want share about laser hair removal which I am done from Klinik Esthetika , This clinic was removed my Hair permanently due to technology without any pain . In my view this clinic is best for Laser Hair Removal India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am surendra I wanted to remove hair by laser. Then I listened about klinikesthetika clinic that is very famous for Laser Hair Removal in Delhi and I use this service and got a best treatment for hair remove by laser technology. Now I am very happy to use this service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True to what you said, some people incorporate being hairless with beauty, and some as hygienic or, at times, cultural. However you view being hairless as, knowing that there are ways you can do to achieve that is a treat in itself. So, how has this product benefitted you? I hope it worked well.
    George @ Amani Med Spa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be making an update soon! But I will say this now. It requires commitment for it to work, but it does.

      Delete
  4. Clinic Dermatech is Indias leading chain of technology based beauty and healthy epidermis proper care clinic in Delhi NCR. [Defence Colony, Gurgaon, Shankar Vihar, , Noida, Vasant Vihar, Punjabi Bagh ,Rajouri Garden ]
    Book an appointment with us today

    Please Visit At - http://www.clinicdermatech.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laser is the most effective tool for hair removal. . my wife always use http://athomehairremoval.org/
    for her clear and sexy body

    ReplyDelete
  6. “ISAAC” has been recognized as Delhi's no.1 Skin care Clinic with it's robust technologies and advanced treatments. The focus here is to empower women and men to be in control of their destinies and lead successful lives through the ability to look and feel attractive. 

    The enhanced range of products and services at ISAAC WELLNESS can undoubtedly bring out the 'Young & Ravishing' you. Pick your service now! 


    http://isaac-wellness.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, can you please recommend a showroom from where i can buy this machines
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skin that will be treated to unlock the device. Tria wont work on really dark skin. Laser Hair Removal Devices Review

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!