Confessions of a Make up junkie!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hair crisis!! My search and discovery of a new hair care routine

Last month I posted "my hair must haves". While I still believe Aveeno's shampoo and conditioner is very, very good, I made a pleasant discovery this past week. But before I go on talking about my new hair routine, I'm going to tell you how I came upon it.

    See, one of my friends in pharmacy school told me that she had looked up Fekkai's protein RX hair treatment mask but couldn't find it anywhere for purchase. (You know who you are! ^_^) Since I usually have a few in stock in my bathroom I paid no attention and simply dismissed what she said as just not having luck spotting it. But alas, my precious stock ran out and it was time to repurchase. Now this is where the crisis began. As I searched my trusty websites I made the gruesome discovery that my all time favorite hair mask had been discontinued. My first reaction? Yelling: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! T_T

    I'll admit now, I shed a few tears but I couldn't mourn for much longer. I needed a new hair treatment and I needed it pronto. My hair is very fine and straight and I like to use treatments to help it stay strong or else it'll break off. So I realized I needed a shampoo and conditioner that would be extra moisturizing or at least more moisturizing than the Aveeno ones I have. See, Aveeno delivers a good balance of cleansing and moisturizing without residue, BUT I always had an extra oomph and that was my Fekkai mask. Realizing this I immediately thought that I needed a new shampoo and conditioner as well as a new hair mask. After countless hours searching and searching (I take beauty routines very seriously ladies) I managed to gain enough intrigue in a couple of products.

This is where it gets good!!

Ta-da!!!
For my shampoo and conditioner I discovered the brand Organix. More specifically, Organix Keratin oil shampoo and conditioner. They sell it everywhere. Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc for around $7-8. I only purchased the Shampoo and conditioner from this set. And there are several sets depending on your hair needs.

I have to say that I am in love with this and I am planning to complete the set ASAP. First, the smell is just wonderful. I don't know how to describe it, but I'd say it has a coconuty scent to it. It's truly delightful. The product itself delivers great moisture and hair feels very soft after rinsing it out. I do recommend however, to use a clarifying shampoo beforehand if you have a lot of residue on your hair or an oily scalp as this may not fully cleanse the scalp and may lead to greasy hair fast. But I love it. It doesn't weigh my hair down (I do use a scalp cleanser before because I like tingly sensations on my head lol. Neutrogena shampoos work great ) and I get the hydration I crave. I totally recommend checking this line of shampoos. I know I'm going to try more.

Link for more info: http://www.organixhair.com/hair 

Now for the hair mask.
I tried the CHI Nourish Intense Fine Silk Hair Masque. It is described as a treatment that "delivers deep, intensive nourishment to fine, thin hair without weighing it down". Since the description basically matched everything I was looking for plus it was just $24.50 in folica.com, I had to try it. So I did.

Oh boy, I'm glad I do my research before purchasing. I really LOVED it!!! It is super perfect. My hair felt so so soft and looked so shiny afterwards I couldn't believe it. I know CHI makes great products, but God, super hydration and zero heaviness?? Just what my fine hair needed.

Now I know it's too soon to call this my new holy grail hair product (RIP Fekkai) but I think it can achieve sainthood if it continues to deliver. There are so many options out there, it can be very overwhelming, but if I try something and I love it, I will stick to it for a while. There may be something better out there, but when it comes to my hair, I don't like to gamble. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it) I will keep my eye out for something new as I always do, but right now, I'm sticking to this routine.

And no, I will not abandon my Aveeno duo. They will be perfect for when I don't need so much moisturizing as the CHI hair masque will suffice if I feel I need extra help. ^_^

BTW, when I was searching for a replacement for my Fekkai mask, I discovered a new mask from Fekkai with very similar labeling from the old one. Only that one had a new packaging and heftier price tag. Don't be fooled, my research led me to believe it is nowhere near as good as the old one. So not worth $50.

The new impostor!
Well, there it is. My hair crisis and how it is at peace. Let me know how it works for you. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!