Confessions of a Make up junkie!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Holy Grail Face Product! Bobbi Brown BB cream!

 So there are a lot of bb creams out there to choose from. From drugstore brands to more high end makeup, the possibilities are both endless and overwhelming. I haven't tried drugstore brand bb creams, so I can't tell how it compares to my favorite face product right now, but sweet baby Jesus! I looooove Bobbi Brown's bb cream!

Now if you don't know what a BB cream is, it stands for Beauty Balm. It is designed to be a all in one product, all in one meaning moisturizer, primer, spf, and "foundation". Now I say "foundation" because it's not heavily pigmented. It's more pigmented than a tinted moisturizer, but not as heavy as a true foundation is. However, some bb creams are very buildable. And Bobbi brown's bb cream is no exception.

Here is a photo of it. It's just the right color, consistency, formulation, everything!! It also has some mattifying (is than even a word??)  properties so powder is optional. My nose it a little oily so I do powder it but not heavily.

This can even out your face while still looking natural. I recommend this if you don't have much blemishes or spots on your face but still want to look fresh and natural.  I don't think this will work well if you have very noticeable blemishes or on very oily skin.  Also, the shades available are limited. I am a MAC nc 35 or nc 30. On their powder foundation I'm a C4. For this bb cream, I use the shade medium, but I could easily get away with using light as well.

( Note: I have a pet peeve about women not wearing any beauty products at all when going out. Take some pride ladies! Even if your skin is clear and well taken care of, the best part of being a girl is being able to use all of this junk!! The key is taking good care of your skin so you'll use less time and makeup hiding your flaws and more on bringing out your best features! ^_^ I've received compliments on my skin about how clear it is and stuff, but I still like to wear some makeup. It's the highlight of my long days at pharmacy school.  )

And now, a not so high definition pic of me wearing the bb cream. I don't have powder on the rest of my face. Just on my nose. See how natural it looks? No cakey old lady makeup face here!
This bb cream costs around $42.00 at Sephora. I loove it!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!