Confessions of a Make up junkie!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My hair must haves!!

I've been asked a few times what do I use for my hair that is so long and pretty healthy.  Well, other than trimming the ends every 3-4 months (I also have a pet peeve for split ends. They drive me insane. INSANE I TELL YOU!!) , I use a few products and tools to keep it from looking like a broom.

First off, my hair is bone straight. I can't make gorgeous waves or curls even if my life depended on it. The longer it gets, the harder it is to hold a curl. And my hair reaches my bellybutton these days. So my hunt for a tool or product that may help with this is still going on. (Any tips??) Your hair may be totally different from mine, so maybe these products won't work the same way.

However, for my everyday hair I found that using Aveeno's nourish plus moisturize shampoo and conditioners to work best for me. And I've tried more expensive brands ($50.00+ shampoos and conditioners) but these worked better in my opinion. It moisturizes without feeling too heavy or greasy and leaves hair clean and soft!

At around $7-$8 in drugstores, I couldn't get a better deal. Also, I find kind of wasteful to spend too much money on something that is going to go down the drain anyway. So this is perfect for me.

Aveeno shampoos have more lines like +shine, +volumize, and +repair. Check 'em out to see which one works best for you.




Now every week or every 2 weeks, I use a hair mask. My holy grail of a hair mask is Fekkai's Protein RX reparative treatment mask. Holy Jesus, I love this. I will always have a jar of this. It retails at around $25-$30 at nordstorm for a 11oz jar. After washing my hair I use this mask for 5-10 min and then wash it out. And Voila!! Soft, shiny hair!! I've been using this for the past 4 years or so. 'Tis my secret weapon. ;) 










And now for the actual styling of my hair. I use Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic flat iron 1 inch. I wait for my hair to air dry and then use this flat iron. It helps tame the fly aways and helps keep my hair from tangling. This flat iron was the best purchase I ever made. It has never ever ever burned my hair, like ever (unlike the CHI flat iron). It's a little costly, retailing at about $160-$200 at Folica.com, but totally worth it in my honest opinion. It's tricky to use at first because one gets so use at ceramic flat irons, but once you get the hang of it, its's a breeze to use. I also like that it has a heat setting (also unlike the CHI flat iron 1inch) so you can adjust according to your hair needs. 





I have the pink one! So cute! Folica also gives you a fire resistant pad of sorts so while you are using it, you can place there. Once again, I love this thing. I've had it for about 2 years. No problems with it whatsoever!! And if it breaks or something, I will totally repurchase it in a heart beat.

So there you go! My hair must haves! If you have any hair must haves (or tips on how I can curl my hair) please comment! :)

Here is a pic of my hair at the end of doing this routine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!